NOTE: UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS FOR ROOTING SERO 7 HERE:
Hi guys here is the quick guide to rooting your Sero 7, from a user over at XDA.
How to obtain root
- Thank you to all the respective devs that made the tools used here
This assume's you have installed the Android SDK (as well as the USB Driver modules through the SDK) and have put your device in USB debug mode.
- Plug in the device and let Windows fail to find a driver - if it finds one take note and uninstall the device and driver then start again
- Go to C:\Users\<User>\.android\ and open adb_usb.ini
- Add 0x109b in the list accordingly (if there are devices listed already it is ok, just list it last)
- Test connectivity to the device through ADB
- Download Motochop and run the included batch file - nhshah7
I'm looking for a way restore my recovery partition as I killed it working on this. I dont want to have to hunt a new tablet down here
Also - Not responsible for your defunct results